Search for a Home
Find your Home's Value
Landscaping For Value
The time to plan your landscape is now!
The following are the five most important things you need to know to select a good agent:
1. Is your agent local and do real estate full-time?
2. Are they working in a well-established national firm?
- National Firms provide better online market coverage for both buyers and sellers. They usually provide essential services "in-house" or can negotiate a lower price for these services which saves you $$.
3. Do they have a working knowledge of the current inventory (homes currently on the market)?
- This is important both for potential buyers AND sellers as they can help you appropriately price a home for sale or make an offer with this essential knowledge.
4. What is their track record?
- For Sellers: What is their "list-to-sales" ratio? (price sold vs. price they first list it at)
What is their "shortest days on market"? (homes sold quicker typically sell for more)
-For Buyers: Can they explain theprocess they use to get you the home you select? (step-by-step)
Do they have existing relationships with affiliated professionals for the purchase? (Mortgage attorneys, home inspectors, contractors (if needed), etc.)
5. Are they available for you?
- The number one complaint most buyers and sellers have is: "I can never reach them" or "they never call me back"
- It is also essential to consider how your Agent communicates. Some agents are not "tech-savvy". In today's market your agent must be able to use texting and e-mail and should have active Facebook/Twitter accounts.
The fact of the matter is, that whether or not you try to list your own home for sale, if a buyer walks into your home with an agent you already are paying an agent fee, so it pays to have someone representing you in the process.
My goal is to make this the only real estate site you will ever need.
Please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions, hints, tips or anything you think I might find interesting or useful to other people preparing for their journey into the world of real estate.
Reach me on:
After you have had the chance to review this information, contact me so I can help you start your journey.